Monday, July 27, 2009


These are the beds we patched together from found and cheap materials, shown in an earlier post. They are holding together, and the squash are luckily planted at the edges so they can spill out and take up less room (they are so pushy!). The beds (one wood, one brick, one cinder block) are at the back of a vacant lot near our house. The lot still looks vacant from the street, which isn't a bad's very peaceful in the back. The great thing about the lot is there is lots of material lying around that puts itself to use. Broken branches or mini invasive trees that we pulled up are good for tomato and bean supports and a broken length of fence makes a good trellis. The bad thing is the ivy and bittersweet that are trying to creep in and take over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment